Common Weal Community Arts Inc. is a provincial arts organization that collaboratively engages professional artists with communities to promote social change and cultural identity through creative expression.
VISION & VALUES
We strive to inspire ideas and empower people to tell their stories in their own voices. Place, shared identity, or interest may define the participating communities, the majority of which are marginalized, underserved, or historically misrepresented. Our projects are diverse in artistic discipline and approach including elements of traditional practice, site-specific work, residency and workshop activity, high profile events, and critical discourse on socially-engaged and community- based arts.
Our vision is achieved through:
- producing art that promotes critical thinking;
- embracing cooperation, diversity, and inclusiveness;
- committing to projects of a high artistic merit;
- affirming and developing a creative consciousness by challenging the status quo with honesty and integrity;
- recognizing and engaging alternative voices and worldviews.
1. Participatory, community-based art has a positive social impact in Saskatchewan.
2. Artists and communities are engaged in collaborative art of high artistic merit.
3. We are recognized as a leader in participatory arts for social change.
FULL TIME STAFF
PART TIME STAFF
PROJECTS THIS YEAR
# OF PARTNERS
ARTISTS, ARTISANS, TECHNICIANS AND ELDERS
TOTAL NUMBER OF WORKSHOPS THIS YEAR
• CANADA COUNCIL FOR THE ARTS
• SASKATCHEWAN ARTS BOARD